1. First of all, you must wash your face every day. I personally find soap to be inferior to facial cleansers. Soap has always dried out my skin, even the ones that claim not to. I enjoy Chanel Gel Purete Anti Pollution Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser leaves you with squeaky clean skin without being left feeling dry or tight. The main ingredient, tulip tree, protects skin from absorbing pollutants and chemical nasties such as fumes and smoke, and works to balance and strengthen your skin's barrier to ward off toxins. It has a lovely fine texture with a cool cucumbery smell. But before that I always used the basic neutrogena oil free acne wash. Since everyone has different skin types, I can’t recommend just one cleanser. It’s best to look for something that will treat the problems you may have with your skin – excessive oiliness, blackheads, dry skin, acne, what have you. Try to develop a “regime” and find what works best for you.
|Chanel Gel Purete Anti Pollution Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (www.chanel.com)|
2. Lotions are great for skin, they keep us moisturized and youthful looking. But did you know that if you use body lotion on your face, it can cause breakouts? It’s true, body lotions are thicker and can clog up your pores. Moisturizers for the face are lighter, often scentless, and sometimes have SPF content, which of course is also a benefit. Make sure to apply both body and facial lotions every day. I've come across a lot of artists, including myself that like Embryolisse Lait-Cre'me Concentre' for all skin types (Make up Forever / 8 E 12th Street in NYC carries it).
|Embryolisse Lait-Cre'me Concentre' for all skin types (Make up Forever / 8 E 12th Street in NYC carries it).|
3. If you have a blackhead problem, Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips will help. These are little strips you can apply to your nose, forehead, and chin, all places on your face that are more porous. They penetrate your pores and lift out the dirt, leaving your pores clear. Yes indeed, this is a great product, but the directions must be followed thoroughly. They are not meant for sensitive skin, will not work on acne, and are not meant to be used more than once a week.
4. Drink more water. Oh, the benefits of drinking water are endless! It will make your skin tone more even, flush out toxins, and help with your circulation of blood flow, which helps prevent breakouts. Your body will thank you for it!
5. Vitamins A, C, and E are your skin and body’s best friends. Vitamin A helps with dry skin, and can treat acne and wrinkles when used in creams. Vitamin C, which can be found in delicious strawberries, helps rejuvenate your skin and can help to heal wounds. Vitamin E fights off free radicals, which cause damage such as wrinkles. These can be taken in supplements or found in a variety of healthy foods. (You should Google for a more detailed list!)
6. Try to get enough sleep. This is great for your entire body, but can also reduce the appearance of dark under eye circles. To treat my own eye bags, I like Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Flash Touch Wake-Up Eyecare
|Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Flash Touch Wake-Up Eyecare (SEPHORA)|